Cost of Membership
Our Club Dues and general costs of membership are very reasonable by Rotary standards. Our Rotary year runs from 1st July to 30th June.
New Members: There is a one-time Admission Fee of $50 payable with Part B of the Application Form.
In addition, your commitments based on current figures (which may change over time) include:
- $180 Annual Club Dues. Part of this sum is paid to maintain our memberships of District 7600 and Rotary International, including the monthly magazine “The Rotarian” which you will receive, and support for our Annual District Conference.
- $8 Weekly Meeting Fee. Please also refer to the section dealing with attendance standards.
- $100 – Our minimum average per member annual contribution to TRF - The Rotary Foundation, Rotary’s 501 3(c) charity. Since January 2013, all new members were advised of this tax-deductible item. This enables us to maintain our Club’s position as:
- A 100% EREY Club – Every Rotarian Every Year.
- A 100% TRF Sustaining Member Club
Members should allow for other contributions and expenses associated with our social functions and fund raisers.
The Rotary Club of James River is one of a select group of clubs to be recognized as a Triple Crown Club. In order to achieve this in a particular Rotary year, in addition to being a 100% TRF sustaining member club as above, there are two special considerations about which you will be approached at some time.
$1,000 Single Lifetime Amount: PHF - Paul Harris Fellow. Our club is a 100% PHF Club. The Club Members make significant contributions to help new members achieve this level – new members do not have to pay $1,000 immediately.
$1,000 Single Lifetime Amount: Benefactor. A Benefactor is someone who has pledged to contribute at least $1,000 from their estate after death to TRF Permanent Fund (the “endowment” fund). This can be done by adding a codicil to your will or an amendment to your trust or just by adding a note to your executor stating your wish to contribute to the Permanent Fund. It is a promise to do so.